Subject: Raptor Wars: was JUMANJI :was Hypernauts
From: Carl Andrew Johnson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 09:10:14 -0800

> Hmm, Based on what I can tell from watching Movie Magic on the production of
> Jpark, and reading the articles in CGW, most of the Dino footage WAS CGI.
> Puppets WERE used for motion studies and a few scenes. Lets see. The first
> dino scene w/the brontosaurus was CGI. The T-REX scene chomping on the cars
> was CGI exept for the closeups of the nose of rex against the car window. The
> T-REX scene chasing the flock O' dino's was CGI. The raptor scene in the
> kitchen was CGI. And the ending scene with one pissed of T-REX trashing the
> raptors was CGI. Yes the boys and girls at ILM pulled of a MAJOR coup.

Yes, but the brachiosaur sneezing on the girl was a puppet, the raptor in 
the beginning of the film was a puppet, the raptor popping its head 
through the grill in the air duct was a puppet, the raptor looking 
around in the control room was a puppet, the tyranosaur attacking the 
kids through the roof of the car was a puppet. And we obviously know that 
those raptor legs running through the kitchen were not CGI.

I'm by no means saying that there was no or limited CGI in the film. 
What I'm trying to make people aware of is that CGI is not used for 
everything.

*end of sermon*

-Carl